Government Science College, Idar was established on 1st, June-2008 due to persistent persuasion and recommendation of Shri Ramanlal Vora , Hon. Minister of Education for a science college in the rural area of Sabarkantha District. In response to this and state Government's attempt to furnish higher education in backward / Tribal areas, Government Science College, Idar came into existence.
Vision, Mission, Goals of Government Science College, Idar.
Government Science College, Idar will be a world leader in the integration of :
- Teaching and learning
- Advancement of the knowledge base through research and scholarship
- Leadership in service and outreach.
- In preparing professionals who provide leadership and exemplary educational and related services to improve the lives of individuals in a changing and complex global society.
Government Science College, Idar's mission is to help prepare outstanding educators, scholars and researchers and to advance the profession of education as broadly defined, through research on the science and art of teaching and learning, the application development of leadership and educational policy.
- Help to prepare educational professionals recognized for the quality and significance of their teaching, research, scholarship, service, outreach and leadership of backward and poor students.
- Provide widely recognized leadership in the improvement of teaching, learning and the assessment of educational outcomes across the life span through research, scholarship and technology.
- Enhance the commitment of faculty, staff and students to the centrality of diversity, social justice and democratic citizenship.
- Provide leadership in the development of collaborative, professional relationships with schools, organizations, and other institutions focused on the improvement of education in schools, communities and workplace settings for rural, backward and poor students.
- Sustain a caring, supportive climate throughout the college.
- Enhance the effective and efficient management of the college.